250g whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour
150g roasted hazelnuts blended into powder
10g baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
100ml sesame oil
160g Olympus Wild Flower Honey or 160g maple syrup
250ml (1 cup) non-dairy milk
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp vinegar
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 Tbsp Hazelnut Butter with Cocoa
- Preheat the oven to180 ° C.
- Grease a baking tray with oil and sprinkle some flour. Shake the tray until it is covered with flour evenly.
- Using a spatula, mix all the cake ingredients in a bowl until homogenised.
- Bake for 60min at 180 ° C.
- If you notice the surface of the cake getting too dark fast, cover with aluminium foil.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts and place them on a pan without any oil. Cook for 3-5 min until they are roasted and aroma is released.
- Drizzle with Hazelnut Cocoa Butter mixed with honey or maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the coarsely chopped hazelnuts over the cake.
- Garnish with red berries.
- Let it cool completely for at least three hours before serving.