- Cut the onion into thin slices and saute in a non-stick pan, over low to medium heat, for about ten minutes.
- During this, we add the water little by little until it absorbs all of it and the onion softens.
- Once this is done, add the sesame oil, raisins, chili flakes, ginger and garlic to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes. Immediately after, extinguish with the vinegar and continue sauteing until it evaporates completely.
- Finally, add the fig jam, lime, salt and pepper and let it simmer over low heat until it sets, for at least 10 minutes.
- Store the chutney in a jar and after it cools down, keep it in the fridge. Ideally consume in less than a week.
The perfect accompaniment to an impressive, wild platter.
Watch the recipe in action in a video on instagram!